Attendance and Punctuality
- IN CASE A STUDENT IS ABSENT FOR UP TO THREE DAYS A MONTH, A NOTE TO THE FORM TEACHER IS NECESSARY. FROM THE FOURTH DAY ONWARDS DURING THAT MONTH, EVEN THOUGH THE DAYS MIGHT NOT BE CONSECUTIVE, A MEDICAL CERTIFICATE IS NEEDED.
- The school informs parents when their daughter is absent from school by sms.
- It is important for parents to note that every month a report to the Welfare Officer regarding the absenteeism of the previous month is sent. Students who fail to produce a medical certificate when they are absent from school will be reported. Parents receive a citation and are called before a Tribunal.
- A student is exempted from school on the day that she has an external exam for which an official timetable has to be presented.
School Time and Punctuality
- The school day starts at 8.25am and ends at 2.46pm, from September until May. In June school ends at 12.10pm.
- The school informs parents beforehand through the School Calendar once a term of special days when students have no school and /or other days when a change in the school time is necessary.
- FOR A STUDENT TO BE ACCEPTED AT SCHOOL AFTER 8.25AM, SHE HAS TO BE ACCOMPANIED BY ONE OF HER PARENTS. THE PARENT IS ASKED TO SIGN IN A LATE COMERS BOOK AT THE RECEPTIONIST.
- IN CASE A STUDENT ARRIVES LATE FOR SCHOOL UNACCOMPANIED BY ONE OF HER PARENTS THE STUDENT WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO GO TO CLASS UNTIL ONE OF HER PARENTS TURNS UP TO SIGN.
- Students must also be punctual for each lesson and use the least time possible to go from one block to another.
- STUDENTS ARE NEVER ALLOWED TO LEAVE SCHOOL DURING SCHOOL HOURS AND GO HOME ON THEIR OWN.
- WHEN A STUDENT NEEDS TO LEAVE SCHOOL DURING SCHOOL HOURS, ONE OF HER PARENTS MUST PICK HER UP AFTER PRESENTING THEIR ID CARD. THE PARENT IS ASKED TO SIGN IN AN EARLY LEAVERS BOOK AT THE RECEPTIONIST. PARENTS WHO DO NOT PRESENT THEIR ID CARD WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO COLLECT THEIR DAUGHTER.
Form for Exemption
- A student is exempted from school after a formal application is done by the student’s parents on presentation of ID card.
- If a student needs to go abroad, the student’s passport and air ticket must be presented.
- When an application for an exemption is done because a student wants to work, the student needs to present a declaration of work from the employer.
- An application for an exemption can only be issued if student is 15 years old by the 1st of July of that year and if student is in Form4 or Form5 ONLY.
S.A. 25 FORM FOR SUPPLEMENTARY ALLOWANCE
Students who are sixteen (16) years of age and who keep on attending school are entitled for a Supplementary Allowance. Parents wishing to apply for this allowance need to pick up the necessary form from the Social Services office in their district or from the office in Valletta. Parents need to bring this form to school for the school’s stamp and Head’s signature. Parents must then take this application form to the Social Services offices.