On the 24th March, 2017, our school participated in the Malta Robotics Olympiad with two teams of Form4 students, namely: Robolution and Robotech.
Although none of our teams has placed in first 3 places, one of the teams, “Robotech” has passed to the 2nd round.
It was an exciting and learning experience for the students.
Dear Parents and Guardians,
The Examinations Department (Education Directorates) will be accepting applications from candidates in Year 7 (Form1), Year 8 (Form2), Year 9 (Form3), Year 10 (Form4) and Year 11 (Form5) who are interested in sitting for the ECDL Examinations in July 2017.
Students requesting special arrangements are to contact the Examinations Department on 25982963 by not later than Monday 3rd April 2017.
- Year 7 (Form 1) students can apply for Presentation (MS PowerPoint) Exam.
- Year 8 (Form 2) students can apply for Presentation (MS PowerPoint) and/or Word Processing (MS Word) Exams or Resit.
- Year 9 (Form 3) students can apply for Presentation (MS PowerPoint) and/or Word Processing (MS Word) and/or Online Essentials Exams or Resits.
- Year 10 (Form 4) students can apply for Presentation (MS PowerPoint) and/or Word Processing (MS Word) and/or Online Essentials and/or Computer Essentials and/or Spreadsheets (MS Excel) Exams or Resits.
- Year 11 (Form 5) students can apply for Using Databases (MS Access) and/or any other pending Module.
Interested Students are to print and fill in the attached application and hand it to their ICT teacher by not later than Thursday, 23rd March, 2017.
Id-Dipartiment tal-Eżamijiet fi ħdan id-Direttorati tal-Edukazzjoni se jkun qed jaċċetta applikazzjonijiet mingħand kandidati tas-7 Sena (Form1), tat-8 Sena (Form2), id-9 Sena (Form3), l-10 Sena (Form4) u l-11-il Sena (Form5) li huma nteressati li jagħmlu l-Eżamijiet tal-ECDL f’Lulju 2017.
Studenti li għandhom bżonn arranġamenti speċjali, huma mitlub iċemplu lid-Dipartiment tal-Eżamijiet fuq in-numru 25982963 sa mhux aktar tard mit-Tnejn 3 t’April 2017.
- Studenti tas-7 Sena (Form 1) jistgħu japplikaw għall-Eżami tal-‘Presentation’ (MS PowerPoint).
- Studenti tat-8 Sena (Form 2) jistgħu japplikaw għall-Eżami/Resit tal-‘Presentation’ (MS PowerPoint) u/jew ‘Word Processing’ (MS Word).
- Studenti tad-9 Sena (Form 3) jistgħu japplikaw għall-Eżamijiet/Resits tal-‘Presentation’ (MS PowerPoint) u/jew ‘Word Processing’ (MS Word) u/jew ‘Online Essentials’.
- Studenti tal-10 Sena (Form 4) jistgħu japplikaw għall-Eżamijiet/Resits tal-‘Presentation’ (MS PowerPoint) u/jew ‘Word Processing’ (MS Word) u/jew ‘Online Essentials’ u/jew ‘Computer Essentials’ u/jew ‘Spreadsheets’ (MS Excel).
- Studenti tal-11-il Sena (Form 5) jistgħu japplikaw għall-Eżami tad-‘Databases’ (MS Access) u/jew xi eżamjiet oħra li jkun jonqoshom jagħmlu.
Studenti interessati għandhom jipprintjaw u jimlew l-applikazzjoni mehmuza u jgħadduha lill-għalliem/a tal-ICT sa mhux aktar tard mill-Ħamis 23 ta’ Marzu 2017.
Xogħol magħmul minn Nicole Callus, Emma Curmi u Laken Cassar ta’ 2 Qroll.
Two classes from Year 9 who are following the Prince’s Trust XL/Achieve Programme, together with their mentor teachers, have taken the initiative of converting a small area around the school into a garden to cultivate their own products, mainly garlic, cauliflowers, broad beans, peas and fresh herbs. The home-grown products are then used by the students during their cooking sessions, which are also taken at school. These cooking sessions are part and parcel of this same programme.
This project is being supported not only by those who are directly involved, but also by the Senior Managing Staff, Learning Support Assistants and teachers who are providing the students with more seeds and plants to grow. It is great to have so many people on board.
Besides learning the skills of gardening, students are also experiencing teamwork, cooperation and decision-making. Apart from keeping themselves active, they are also contributing to a greener environment.
Following the School’s participation in the EU project We Eat Responsibly, Mr Godwin Ellul, a member of the Ekoskola School Committee represented the school during the FEE Fest held at St. Benedict College Kirkop Middle School between the 11th and 13th January 2017.
During this event our school was presented with support funding to assist the school in carrying out its actions in relation to the We Eat Responsibly! Project.
The official opening was made by the Hon Evarist Bartolo, Minister of Education and Employment who also distributed the We Eat Responsibly support funding.
On the 7th December 2016 the EkoSkola Committee and the Students’ Council joined forces to promote the idea, amongst their peers, of consuming a healthy packed lunch as part of the project ‘We Eat Responsibly’. The preparations started way ahead, and the two committees took an active role in encouraging participation in this event during assemblies and during Form Teacher time. Orders were taken also during breaks.
Preparations started early on the day and involved teachers and students from both committees to prepare, cook and serve the healthy packed lunch which consisted of baked chicken or vegetarian pasta, traditional home-made imqaret baked in the oven and a small bottle of water. The healthy packed lunch cost €2.